Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Reflection: Brand Identity Project

 Hey y'all its Soph!

    In my A level class, one of our first projects of the year centered around creating a brand for ourselves, and how we wanted to advertise ourselves to others. While doing this project, I had to reflect on myself as a person, and what my main goals were when I communicated and greeted others. 

Aesthetic 

    One of my main concerns for my presentation was how it looked, especially since I wanted the project to match how I present myself on the outside. I decided to go with cool toned colors, such as blue and purple, in order to portray a relaxed, yet energetic vibe. Specifically with seeming energetic, I blended the cool toned colors with funky wallpapers, mainly retro spaced themed because not only is that my personal favorite aesthetic, but I thought it would compensate well with the color scheme I have created. However, I noticed that when I received my feedback after the presentation, that combination of color and style didn't clearly establish my brand, instead it made myself seem more vauge and complicated, thus not allowing people to get a clear sense of who I am. 

Communication of my Brand

    While I did outline the premise of my brand, which is that I always want to remain honest and open to those I meet, I wasn't clear on how I would share my brand. I mentioned how I would share my brand when I'm face-to-face with people, but I failed to consider social media/digital communication. I noticed that the other presentations in my class mentioned their social media and the most efficient ways to communicate with them, which is something I should have also taken into consideration. I also noticed after receiving my feedback that the points I made centering around the culture I wanted to create were redundent, and I should have been more specific with what I wanted people to know and understand about me rather than giving them a general overview. For example, I constantly retierated how I was supportive and treated others the way I'm treated, but I never made a distinction between what support is from me, and how I was going to provide that support. I think a large part of that mistake is due to how I didn't provide efficient ways of communication.

Brand Identity Video 

    I wanted the video to remain simple so that people who watch get a general idea as to who I am without overcomplicating my goals. I found that by using images to convey my message, especially in the beginning of the video, allowed me to not only share my sense of humor, but I noticed that it is a popular way to edit on YouTube amongst my age group, hence I thought it would be appropriate to advertise myself that way. As for the rest of the video, which is simply a montage of different moments in my life, I wanted each moment to reflect raw events in time, whether I was happy, excited, angry, etc,. I wanted to include videos where I felt most like myself, hence I included moments from not only this year and the previous year, but videos from when I was turning twelve, or videos of me at age eleven competing in a swim meet. I felt that by conveying these small moments in time, I was allowing my audience to see that my main goal in life is to take in every moment I have in my life, and see the positive through each one, whether it a moment of bliss or frustration, I was able to learn from it and continue on. 



The image above is the logo I created for myself. I have a moon placed in the center because it symbolizes my love for the night time, as well as the space aesthetic I was trying to recreate. The surrounding colors are mainly purple and blue, once again reiterating the relaxed vibe I wanted people to gather from my presentation. "Est. 2003" represents the year I was born, and "Sophy" is the nickname used to refer to me by most people.

^^Click this link to view my brand identity video and the presentation 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...