Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Making of the Postcard...Here's What I've Got!

 I started making the postcard, and I'm pleased with the front of it, but I'm having trouble organizing the back of it. 


I wanted to keep the front sweet and simple, reusing elements I have used for the two previous promo posters. The main difference with this postcard is the text with my name at the top, and the tagline, which are now in purple instead of white. I felt that by changing their color, it would separate from the title card, and it pops out well with the background, which is a reuse of the second promo poster layered with a static background. 

I maintained the static background used in the front, but I feel like the back has too much going on, and it doesn't look as simple as the front. I tried a multitude of other designs, including a television screen, but the text would blend in with the screen and it was difficult to read (it also made my eyes hurt lol).

 I decided to go with the Florida Film Festival because if I were to hypothetically send this somewhere, I would want to remain local first before branching out domestically.

The Instagram handle did change, and the main reason for this was because the original user, @keepwatching_shortfilm was too long, and when I tried to fit it on to the postcard, I was having trouble sizing the text. Therefore, I decided to change the username to something much more simple and quick to memorize, so that if people want to check out the film even further, they won't have trouble looking for it. 


    Overall, this is somewhat of a rough draft of the postcard, as at least the back is subject to change. I think the back of the postcard doesn't feel professional enough, or fit the aesthetic I am trying to strive for for the brand I'm attempting to build. 

We will see how this turns out...stay tuned (or keep watching ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...