Saturday, February 13, 2021

Current Thoughts and Plans in my Head That Will Eventually Lead to a Film Opening

Hey y'all it's Soph! 

 I am so pumped to be able to create this project and illustrate the wackiest concepts that come to my head. As of right now, I haven't been able to come up with a plot, but I do know that I want this film opening to start as a dream. My main goal with this opening is to leave the audience in wonder, while allowing them to understand the character and their main obstacle. Before writing out this blog post, I was thinking of the plot for this project, but then I realized that thinking of the plot first was pointless, since I don't even know what genre I want to work with. I'm still debating between sci-fy, horror, or dystopian fiction, but what worries me is that if I go with a genre that is too complicated, considering that I don't have a budget, then my eventual plot won't make sense, and the whole opening will be thrown off. Therefore, I decided that I would make myself a research plan in order to organize my thoughts, plans, and information into one eventual, cohesive plot. 

 THE RESEARCH PLAN!! 
 
1. Decide on an offical genre - research previous films and tv shows that have used that genre/hopefully gain insipration 

2. Write out the plot (not storyboarding) - Name the characters and figure out their goals within the opening. Decide on how those goals will be visualized later when storyboarding. 
 
-As of right now, I'm playing with the concept that the protagonist doesn't remember their past life, and the dream that they are in makes up bits and pieces of that life without them understanding or knowing it. 
 
-If there were to be a secondary character, it would probably be someone who A) is trying to help the protagonist or B) is the antagonist 
 
3. Research technical/visual elements that can be used to progress the plot - find inspiration from other films/tv shows 
 
- I definetly want to research different ways to use color, as I want to experiment with it when trying to establish the difference between the dream and reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...