Friday, March 19, 2021

Casting + Script Updates

 Hey y'all it's Soph!

    This week, I'm taking advantage of my spring break to film the opening and hopefully edit it. As of right now, I asked two people I know from the Drama Club to be a part of my opening, and they said yes! Their names are Shania and Nicole, and I decided to go with them because I felt that their personalities fit the descriptions of Valarie and Val, and they also have great chemistry together. Now that I have a cast, I also wanted to make small changes to the script, specifically changes that allow their chemistry to take the wheel and drive these characters. 




I decided to make it more clear that Val is a coping mechanism/memory in the second scene. I took out the use of "we" when Val references Valarie's current situation because I wanted to take away the original concept that Val was a part of her conscience. Instead, I want Valarie to treat Val as if she is actually there, and forget that she had passed. By showing this dynamic, it would create a sense of mystery for the audience, and allow them to wonder what happened to Val and whether she is truly real. I will hint with visuals throughout the opening that she has passed, but it will be extremely specific, so it will be more of a game for the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...