Friday, March 5, 2021

Possible Location Choices + Where I Stand

 Hey y'all its Soph!

    I was thinking about the different areas I wanted to shoot my opening, and one of the main areas my mind seems to be set on is Town Center. The only limitation with this area is that we would have to wear masks, and the masks may be seen within the shots, but as I continued to think about it, I realized that it would make the opening seem more natural and relatable, since it will reflect the current situation that we as a society collectively live in. Besides Town Center, I was speaking to a friend of mine who is in my media class and he told me he was thinking of filming at Markham Park. While I wouldn't be using the exact spot that he had chosen for his opening, I was thinking that I could film in a different area of the park, such as the playground or a public trail. The reason I want to film in a public location is because I want to have Valarie and Val interact within a public space and with other characters, that way the audience can see how their relationship works within in a common setting. 

    I was originally thinking of filming the opening at my house, possibly in my room, but I was afraid that it would turn into a common opening about a teen girl getting ready, which I feel is pretty dull, so I'm trying to avoid my room as the final location spot. If I were to film near my house, it would probably be around my neighborhood, such as the playground area or the clubhouse parking lot, since it is somewhat public and natural. 

    As I am still deciding on a location, I am also working on the script, which has been challenging. I find myself constantly rewriting the plot and having trouble figuring out what exact situation is perfect enough to establish their relationship, while leaving a sense of wonder for the audience. 

I'll keep y'all updated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...