Saturday, March 13, 2021

Storyboard....So Far!

 


Hey y'all it's Soph!

I decided when doing my storyboard, I would focus on the important moments throughout the opening, which includes the dream sequence, and the moment she wakes up. I'm still doing research on how I can film the second scene with Valarie and imaginary Val, but I will be completing that part of the storyboard this week. 




This is a portion of the dream sequence that illustrates dialogue between Valarie and Val. I wanted the shots to mainly demonstrate their relationship, and visually show how close they are. The close up shots used are meant to emphasize on their happiness and make the audience feel a part of their relationship. 

PSA: I am truly sorry for the TERRIBLE drawing skills



This is a rough draft of what the credits would look like. I thought that they should start appearing once Val goes missing, and the dream comes to an end, because it creates a sense of drama. It also establishes the fact that the story is about to begin, and that the dream acted as context for the characters. 


Since this storyboard is a draft, I'm still debating between some shots. I had an idea while drawing it that the entire dream would be shot as a POV, specifically from Valarie since it's her dream. However, I'm still on the fence about it because I feel like that will be too cheesy, and it may be difficult to recreate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...