Friday, February 25, 2022

Short Film Intro - What I Have of the Script so Far!

 

Hey y'all! This is what I have so far! Let's talk about it!


    I want the beginning of the film to remain suspensful, so I made sure I didn't give too much away. Hence, I had the Interviewer ask many questions where Eve could answer, and thus the audience gets a sense of her character and her purpose within the narrative. I wanted to start with the interview scene, because I wanted the audience to wonder how Eve, the protagonist, ended up in this situation, and why she is being escaped. I also had Eve reference the idea of "them" a lot, meaning the audience themselves. Of course, that information isn't given away immedietly, but I wanted to hint at the answer in the beginning for suspense. 

    The relationship between Eve and the Interviewer is awkward and cold, as Eve feels that she is being lied to, while the Interviewer is not giving in to her curiosity. I wanted to establish this relationship in the beginning of the short film because I wanted the audience to not know who to side with, at least in the beginning of the film. However, I did want to establish the root of this relationship, which is the different perceptions of reality. The Interviewer, unlike Eve, doesn't question the surveillence, because they see that as normal, and they see Eve's view as absurd. Meanwhile, Eve find the Interviewer, like everyone else around her, as fake personas, and like she said, she can no longer decipher what is real, even the conversation occuring right in front of her with the Interviewer. 

How does this remain in the conventions of the pyschological thriller?

    The suspensful component of a psychological thriller is prevelant within this beginning scene, as the audience is unaware of who Eve is referring to when she says "them", and they are unaware of how the interrogation became to be in the first place. The audience is left to wonder if what the Interviewer said about her "insighting violence" was true, and whether she is or is not imagining things. As for the emotional component, Eve is questioning not only her reality, but herself as well, and whether what she is sees and feels is real. Those around her, such as the Interviewer, doubt her beliefs and her feelings, thus making her second guess them, which there is a hint of in this scene. 


Gotta keep writing!!

I still have more of the plot to write, and I'm hoping by the middle of the next week I can have the script finished. 

That's all for now! :p

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...