Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Location Scouting!

 Hey! Now that I'm starting to go into production, I began thinking about the different locations I wanted to use for the short film. I know I want to remain in town, especially since I need quite a few actors for the film and I don't want to force them to go to far places. I found a couple of places that would be functional enough for the film, so this is what I have decided. 


Eve's Bedroom

The first two photos are specifically of the window that will be used for the scene in which Eve directs Jane to look out the window to see "what she is seeing", aka, the camera. I wanted to use my bedroom window for this scene because my window is the only window in the house that faces the neighborhood, and I can get a nice close-up shot of the two girls from my roof (yes I have been on my roof and it's totally safe...for the most part). 




The second set of photos display my sister's room, and I wanted to use her room instead of mine because it has less stuff lying around in it, which allows Eve's character to seem more grounded and mundane than those around her (also my room is a MESS. I will clean it...eventually). As for the mirror, I wanted this to be a key prop used throughout the bedroom scene, specifically for Jane as she continuously uses it to check herself out and make sure she looks presentable. 





Interrogation Room 

The photos look deceiving, but I was planning on using tight close up shots to remove the painting from view, and this room of the house is actually the darkest one, since it receives little light and it also has blinds on the window that I could use to shut out any remaining light that is able to come in. Using the darkness of this room, I thought it would help capture the eerieness and suspicion of the interview scenes seen throughout the short film.  I would also like to prefice that the doggy themed blanket, and Fiolo, will not be apart of the film...Fiolo was simply a model for the reference photo.

This is the specific corner I want to use to film Eve, and it will mainly be a close-up shot of her since the Interviewer is never seen. 





The Town

As I have mentioned in a previous blog, I will be using Town Center for the scenes of the girls walking around town, as well as the scene where Eve is out by herself out night and has a strange encounter with the town's people. I was initially set on this location because of its colorful buildings, which I felt provided the impression of "perfection" that my fictional town was going for. When it reaches between 8-9 PM in Weston, Town Center is practically dead, so I thought it would be a good opprotunity to film at night, and use the empty nature of the area for the night scene, which would help present an ominous nature to the town. 




For the scene where Jane warns Eve for the first time, I was thinking of filming under the bell tower since it can act as a safe space for the girls, and it is in a part of town where there is a lot of activity, thus capturing the center of this fictional town. 




These are the three main locations I will be using throughout the short film! Any additional locations used are just sub-areas of these three main ones. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...