Monday, March 7, 2022

Final Script + Changes!

 Hey! I FINALLY finished the script, and while I was editing it, I realized one major thing: I can't spell nor write in English because the amount of grammar mistakes I had was atrocious.

Anywayyyy here are the parts that I changed:


Firstly, I took at the whole "grammar correction" conversation (ironic...) because it felt out of place, and didn't convey the seriousness of the situation going on between Jane and Eve. Instead, I decided to make the scene more action heavy in order to illustrate the severity of the survellience. 



Originally within this scene, I had Eve confront Jane, but she would notice the camera later, after Jane left. Now, I decided I wanted to have her notice the camera while Jane was still there, so that Jane's reaction to Eve discovering the camera's (which still remains the same) was not as sudden as it used to be. 



Jane's fear repeats in this scene, but this time it becomes more physical as she is literally trying to restrain Eve from discovering any more information. I felt that originally this moment was more abrupt, so I wanted to add a little bit of dialogue and action so that this moment was eased into. 



    The ending is different from what I had in the first draft, and I'm definetly more comfortable with this ending than I was originally. While it still does feel abrput, I'm hoping I can smooth this over during production, as the actors could space out their lines/add intensity to the scene. Anyway, I decided to end with a simple glance from Eve as she breaks the fourth wall because I'm hoping it will leave the audience wondering if she ever liberated herself, thus adding suspense to the overall piece. 

    Now that the script is done, I want to start planning for production, including storyboarding, and finding locations to shoot on. I have a few ideas as to where I want  to film, but I'm hoping to finalize those locations this week. 

Link to the whole script: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...