Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Starting My Social Media Page!

 Hey! Taking a break between my plans for production, I started my social media page today! Here is what I have so far!

    

This is the logo that I created for the profile picture on Instagram! I wanted to keep it simple, while keeping the premise of the short film as vague as possible. Originally, I wanted to have the title of the film be inside the TV screen (see below), but it didn't come out right when I tried to set it as the profile picture. Therefore, I felt that this format better suited the aesthetic I wanted to go for. 

Original concept for the logo

Aesthetic/Branding Theme

I wanted to have the aesthetic of the film convey a sense of darkness and mystery, hence I decided to use reds, blacks, and whites to illustrate this theme. 



The color scheme was mainly inspired by the colorscheme used for Wandavision, especially since I am trying to go for that static/mysterious look for the brand. Later on, I want to incoorperate elements for the fourth wall breaking, especially within the poster for the film. However, I want to start making that poster once I have the actors for the film, that way I can incorporate them into the poster. 

Below is the type of/inspired fourth wall break I want to create. This is the poster for Season 3 of Stranger Things, and while I'm not trying to copy the 80's aesthetic choosen for this particular piece, I'm instead going for the eerieness they created for the branding, such as how Eleven is looking out, while the other are not.



Movie Poster (for now!)


    I wanted to have something to post on my social media account, so I decided to create a "teaser" movie poster. I wanted the aesthetic to be ominous and suspensful, so I still incoporated the use of whites, reds, and blacks. Along with this, I added a tagline at the bottom, "Everyone has a role they must play." I felt that this line captured what the short film is about, as it involves people, like Jane, forcefully playing roles in order to fit the mold of a perfect society. However, like the tagline and the static screen of the poster suggests, not everything is what it seems.
    
    For the title itself, I decided to go with the "Year 3000" font on Canva, because I felt it illustrated that frightening, suspenseful vibe I was going for, and it matched with the static background of the TV screen. As for the tagline, I used the "Lastica Light" font because I wanted the tagline to remain simple, but easy enough to spot and read. Additionally, I didn't want to repeat the font used for the title (even though it was tempting) so that both the title and the tagline can remain separate from each other, but appear cohesive in their message. 

    As for the tagline itself, the two key words within the line that should be focused on are "role" and "must". "Role" is important because everyone in this piece, besides Eve, are forcefully presenting as someone else out of fear of being watched, hence they aren't who they truly seem to be. As for "must", I felt that this word reinforced the forceful nature of these roles, and made the problem within the short film seem more grave. 



This is what the social media page looks like as of right now! I still have to follow some accounts and gain traction, but I just wanted to get started on setting up the brand/establishing the aesthetic of the page before I began advertisement. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...