Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Short Film Script Part 2!

Hey! Soooo I was able to write a little bit more of the script and I wanted to share what I have as of right now. 


    Starting with the description of the setting, I'm planning (as of right now) to have a few extras in order to sell the believability of this society. I picture the setting to be busy, but depending on how many actors I can get to film this, this detail is subject to change. After a minor description of the setting, Jane is introduced during a moment that takes place in the past/a moment that leads up to Eve getting interrogated. I want Jane's language to sound more formal in comparison to Eve in order to illustrate the control this society has over its people, as well as highlight the subtle differences in character between Eve and Jane. In terms of the actions displayed between both girls, I wanted Jane to be more restrictive and cautious, while Eve is more carefree and unaware. I wanted to demonstrate how both girls interact and respond with their environment, and how that impacts their relationship as the plot continues to unravel. 




    As the scene continues to unfold, Jane grows more serious and alert. The grammer correction, for example, (which I lowkeyyyy might get rid of and switch with some other piece of dialogue) is meant to represent how Jane stays safe, and follows the rules. I also wanted to illustrate how this society expects perfection, thus perfect actions, language, etc. Meanwhile, Eve grows more confused towards Jane's concern, especially since her experience with Jane, as we can gather from this scene, has never been like this. Therefore, I wanted to put Jane's character automatically into question, thus making the audience question if Jane is truly Eve's friend, or if her friendship, like this society, is all fabricated. 

    When the people around them start to notice, I wanted it to be creepy and uncomfortable, as if the people around them are also cameras, hence portraying the idea that everyone and everything is watching. Once again, Jane's friendship is put into question as she appears to help Eve, as she is trying to get people to stop watching them. 


    In this section of the scene, I wanted to focus more on action, specifically how Jane acts within the situation. Jane's fear and worry towards those watching her and Eve puts into question Jane's role within this society. It begs the question whether her awareness and Eve's obliviousness are purposeful, or Eve simply doesn't pay attention. Additionally, is everything in Eve's life planted to fit a narrative, and Jane is simply apart of that story? Jane's actions within this moment are vauge on purpose in order to illustrate Eve's first moment of sudden distrust. 

    As for physical actions, I wanted to focus on Jane's squeezing of the arm to emphasize Jane's fear, and how she wants Eve to notice something. However, does she want her to notice the camera for a well-intentioned reason, or for a selfish reason? Is Jane breaking Eve's perception of reality for her own benefit or Eve's benefit? I wanted to place the audience in Eve's place, confused and curious about Jane's sudden changes in emotion. Jane's last line is meant to represent that sudden shift back to "reality", as if nothing happened between the two girls, and everything is totally fine (it's obvs not but that's ok).  

Changes and Progress

I noticed while writing this blog that there were grammar mistakes within the script, so I will be fixing those lol. I also might change some pieces of dialgoue, but I'll revist this once I have the script written entirely. These next few blogs will focus on sections of the script that I've written, and I'm hoping to finish the script by the end of the week! 

Okay that's all for now, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...