Thursday, March 24, 2022

First Day of Filming...Thankfully, Not a Total Disaster!

 Hey y'all it's Soph! Today, I began my first day of filming, and it went pretty well. I wasn't able to complete everything I set out to film, specifically the ending to Scene 5 and Scene 6, but regardless, I felt that it was an efficient day. 

The Positives!

    The schedule I proposed in a previous blog (Filming Schedule + Actors!) was mostly followed, as I was able to complete Scenes 1,3, and 7, as well as most of Scene 4. Due to being able to film half of the short film, I was able to get a jumpstart on editing. I didn't do any major edits, I simply wanted to get started on organizing the clips that I had so that when I do eventually begin the post-production process, I won't have to take more time figuring out the clips I want to use. 

I didn't do any major edits, but instead focused on sorting out what clips I wanted to use and cutting them down to make a sequence. This process was mainly done to Scene 5, since the other scenes I filmed are one shot. 

The Negatives...

    The night before I started filming, I asked my dad if I could use his camera, and I wanted to make sure that it was fully CHARGED before I did so. He said he had charged it, and I took him at his word because it's his camera, no one else uses it, and I had figured he charged it after filming a piano video. I went to sleep peacefully...

    In comes the day of filming, and while filming Scene 3, the camera dies...MID SCENE. I'm frustrated for two reasons: 

1. My dad lied (not intentionally of course...but y'know...I was stressed at the time so this was my rationale)

2. I don't know where he keeps his charger because he never told me :)

    To make a long story short, my mom found the charger (thank you mommy :))) ) and I was able to film for the rest of the day. However, this problem did teach me that I should definitely be more organized with the equipment that I am using, specifically making sure that my camera is CHARGED...

    Since my camera wasn't fully charged, I had to spend the rest of the day taking "charger breaks" so that I had enough battery to finish the scenes. By doing this, it took time away from filming, hence why I wasn't able to finish the rest of Scene 5, or start Scene 6. I'm most likely going to push the filming of these two scenes to Saturday, since tomorrow is going to be focused on the scenes at Town Center, which are Scenes 2 and 4. I would like to finish Scene 5 and start Scene 6 on Friday, but I don't want to stress out Emma, since she's in every scene, and today was a long day for her. 

    And don't worry...my camera will be charged for tomorrow...I've learned my lesson. 

Bloopers :)

    I thought I'd share a few funny moments from yesterday's filming! Enjoy!

Warning: Video 2 does contain cursing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...