Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Social Media Update!

 Hey! I recently uploaded a new post to the Instagram page! Here are some details to keep in mind :)

This is one of the five Instagram posts I uploaded today. Each one looks the same, except for the name and role of the actor, as well as the photo used for each one. I desgined each post on Canva, and used a TV shaped sticker as the design, similar to the logo used for the film. I kept the theme (as previously discussed in Starting my Social Media Page!) and used the "Lastica Light" font for the names of each actor, and the "Gota Light" font for the role that they are playing. 

Specifically with both fonts, I decided to edit them further in order to give them that retro/televised look, so I used the "Neon" effect for the actors' names and the "Echo" effect for the character names/roles. Additionally, I wanted to emphasize the word "role" on each individual image because of the tagline used for the film, "Everyone has a role to play". I thought it was fitting to overuse the word and establish the eeriness of the plot without giving any major hints away. 

As for the individual photos, I edited them further on Canva by using the "Drill" effect located under "Screens", as well as the "Radiate" effect. I combined both effects in order to once again portray a retro televised aesthetic thus matching the vibe of the film. 

Final post!

Example of the "Echo" effect used on text.

Example of the "Drill" filter in use, which is located under "Screens". 


Example of the "Radiate" filter. I only used a small amount of it, but I felt that even the tiniest use of it allowed the photo to seem more eerie and retro. 


Example of the "Neon" effect used on text. 

To see the full Instagram post, check out Keep Watching Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...