Saturday, March 5, 2022

Short Film Script Part 4 (BTW I Have a Title!)

Hey!

 This is the ending of the short film, but I don't feel super great about it. I feel like it ends abruptly, and the characters aren't totally as fleshed out as I want them to be. After all, this is a rough draft, so I'm not super upset about it. I'm hoping that throughout next week, I'll be able to edit it, while also starting to storyboard what I have, and have a rough idea of what I will be filming once I head into production. 









    What I was trying to go for was the idea that Eve was questioning the world she is living in, and felt isolated in the world she was forced to participate in. She doesn't want to be controlled or told to be perfect in order to entertain and comfort others when she is unable to comfort or care for herself. Therefore, the ending is meant to imply that she knew the audience was watching her get interviewed from the getco, and that she unmasked what was behind the facade, which is that what the audience is watching is a bunch of fabricated lies that they weren't supposed to see. What I realize is a little unclear is how we reach this part in the story, and as of right now, I'm not sure how I can add on to this scene, as I'm afraid that if I write too much, I won't be able to fit the story within seven minutes. Although, what I am planning to do is have scenes overlap this one in which other people notices the cameras, slightly break the fourth wall, but say nothing about, thus contrasting Eve's reaction and justifying her view on everything she saw. 

    There are definitely changes going to be made to the script, and I even started making minor ones here in there. I will blog about the major ones, especially about the ending, in the future, but as of right now, this is the first draft I have of "Keep Watching" (yes, I have decided to go with this name! Yay!). 







No comments:

Post a Comment

May I Present...Keep Watching!

The journey of making Keep Watching  has come to an end! Below are the links the short film, social media page, and the postcard.  Keep Watc...